Hello Swim Team Families!
It’s almost time for summer league! Can you believe it? Please take a moment to review the important dates and other information listed below for the 2018 season.
Crucial Volunteer Positions Needed!!!:
These are lead positions that fulfill your volunteer requirements for the summer. Training provided! Email Meredith Schaller (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP if interested or to learn more.
- Stroke and Turn Judges: Get the best seat on deck! This position judges whether proper stroke, turn, and finish are executed by the swimmers during the meet. You will receive training and will be reimbursed for any training expenses.
- Placement Judges: Get an amazing spot on deck and be part of the action! This position judges the finish placement of swimmers for all main events. There are first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth place judges.
- Cary City Meet Coordinator: coordinate an amazing day for the team at the Cary City meet in July. This creative person would plan a fun theme for our team’s tent, implement the theme, crate team treat bags for each participating team, put up and take down team tents and any decorations, and coordinate all needed volunteers. A smaller portion of our team attends this event. This is a great opportunity to earn all of this season’s volunteer credits.
- Team Photographers (2): If photography is your talent, we have a position for you! We are looking for two photographers to capture all of the action at our meets.
Registration and Volunteer Sign Up:
Completely online this year beginning April 21st. Registration payment after May 30th will result in a late fee of 15 dollars. This is the same system we used last season. Get more details and register here.
Open House is April 22nd:
- New members may attend from 1-2 PM. Returning members from 2-3pm.
- Meet coaches, ask questions, try on swimsuits and purchase spirit wear.
- You may drop off your checks if you have already pre-registered online (alternatively you may mail in your checks to the address noted during the registration process or pay via PayPal).
- Pool Board members will also be present to accept payment for pool membership dues. Visit http://www.shepherdsvineyardpool.com/ for more information.
- Will be the same style as the past few seasons.
- You will order your swimsuit through the online team store again this year, however please make sure you have the correct size. There will be no refunds or exchanges available once your order is fulfilled.
****If you are unsure of size, please attend Open House April 22nd to try on a suit PRIOR to ordering online. Additional try on days will be announced at a later date. ****
Dates to Know:
- First day of practice is May 14th!
- Red/White meet and Picture Day is June 5th
- See the Dual Meet Schedule here
- Cary City Championship Meet is July 14th, which you will also find listed on the Dual Meet Schedule)
- You can find all events on the calendar
Stay tuned for more information soon! We look forward to another fabulous adventure this summer!
Go Killer Whales!
***Swim team families please remember! You MUST be a Member of the Pool to join the team! Please pay your pool membership dues this summer!!***